Summer is over and school is beginning! The students in our neighborhood have their first day of school tomorrow!
I am excited about being back at TMC Tutoring for a new year! I sent letters and registration forms to parents of students who attended tutoring last year, and I hope several new families will be signing their kids up for our program over the next several weeks.
About TMC Tutoring:
- We are still a free program, providing a safe place after school, supervised activities, a nutritious snack, homework help, and an emphasis on reading.
- All our students must attend McTigue, Hawkins, or Keyser Elementary.
- We are working with first, second, third, and fourth graders this year.
- The first day of tutoring is Monday, October 1st.
- We will be open four days a week, Monday through Thursday, from 3:15-5:15 PM.
- Drop Off: We are happy to pick up McTigue students and walk them next door to our building. Parents of Hawkins and Keyser students must arrange transportation for the students to get to our location after school.
- Pick Up: All parents must arrange for their children to be picked up from our facility (Toledo Mennonite Church) at 5501 Nebraska Avenue (next to McTigue) by 5:15pm each day. If someone other than the child's parents/guardians will be picking a student up, parents must give us advance notice and their ride must show a picture ID.
- Registration: Registration packets are available from our church office. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 419-536-1251 for more information. We also hope to get registration packets to the elementary school offices for parents' convenience soon.
- Volunteering: We are recruiting volunteers who want to work with first through fourth graders at our church, providing homework help and reading support one or two days a week after school. Contact the church office if you are interested in volunteering at the tutoring program.
- Support: Our annual Quilt Show Weekend is September 28-29 at Toledo Mennonite Church. Come see over 50 handmade quilts and support the tutoring program. Donations to TMC Tutoring should be made to Toledo Mennonite Church, with "tutoring" written in the memo line of your check.
Grace & Peace,
Scott Coulter, Director, TMC Tutoring
Toledo Mennonite Church